Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sweet Ninja Challenge Time!

It's challenge time, but first I have to tell you about two yummy treats I just rediscovered!

You all should know by now how much I love giant Laffy Taffy's and Sour Patch Kids, right? Well, have you ever had Mamba's or fruity Mentos? Man, my teeth are going to hate me!
 

Anyway, here are the requirements for the most recent campaign challenge.
Write a blog post in 200 words or less, excluding the title. It can be in any format, whether flash fiction, non-fiction, humorous blog musings, poem, etc. The blog post should:
  • include the word "imago" in the title
  • include the following 4 random words: "miasma," "lacuna," "oscitate," "synchronicity,"
If you want to give yourself an added challenge (optional and included in the word count), make reference to a mirror in your post.
For those who want an even greater challenge (optional), make your post 200 words EXACTLY!


Yeah, this was the hardest challenge Rach has ever given. Hands down. At least, for me it was. Maybe everyone else just has a bigger vocab than I do.


After looking up each word at dictionary.com and being more confused then I was when I first read the words, I decided that I didn't have to use the word the right way. In the end, maybe I did, maybe I didn't. You'll have to decide for yourself! 


 Super Ninja Imago 

One minute I was enduring miasma, when BAM! Out of nowhere I tumbled into blackness with a stick in one hand.

What was I supposed to do with that? I searched the cold ground and found a chain between two handles.

Suddenly, a door opened and a hot Japanese boy gaped at me. “What are you waiting for?” he asked. “Get up and put your nunchucks in ready position. They’re here.”

I jumped to my feet and wondered what a nunchuck ready position was. Hot boy raced off and I followed, my nunchuck swinging in circles. We rounded a corner and faced five ninjas.   

“Do you remember the first spell?” boy asked. His wand lifted, turning the closest ninja into a rat.

I mirrored him and said the first thing that came to mind. “Abracadabra Lacuna.”

Nothing happened.

The ninjas moved closer so I swung my nunchuck and let go. It totally missed my target, smacking hot boy in the gut.  

I wanted to help him but the ninjas were moving in. I lifted my wand again. “Synchronicity oscitate.”

BAM! I landed back in class, my science teacher gaping at me with his teaching stick in hand. Stupid sci-fi ninja.   




So, did I use the words right? Any of them? 



If you like this, be sure to stop by here and actually "Like" it. I'm number 134 . And while you're there, be sure to read more! I'm excited to make the rounds myself.

Do you like writing flash fiction? 

37 comments:

  1. I found your piece funny, so real for a young person in a boring classroom. Good luck.

    I'm #117 if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I loved it Michelle! As for using the words correctly? I still need to look them up. :) I'd say you used them splendidly I'm with you, this challenge scared me when I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I had been a ninja during my science class! It would have made things so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ninjas. I'm a ninja girl - pirates are not my thing.
    I'd also love to have had this to escape to instead of science. This was a really fun read! I don't care how you used the words - it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Great campaign entry! That was a tough challenge. And OMG, I was obsessed with Mambas as a kid~ I always saved the light green/yellow (lime?) ones for last. I loved those stinking things so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job with the challenge. It was a hard one with all those weird words, but you did well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. This was the most challenging ever! Great job. Off to vote for ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehehe cute. :-)I love Mentos with a passion. Sadly, they discontinued my favorite line: Sour Mentos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only did you use the words right, you used them awesomely! I have a soft spot for the Ninja. Ninjas with magic? There's something new for ya!

    Great job, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was so much fun! I also have a soft spot for ninjas. I didn't use my words per definition either. I'm starting to really like flash fiction, and I'm lovin' reading all the entries. Everyone's minds work so differently.

    Great job, you've got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pah, 'correct' is a relative term :-)
    This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL. I love the way you used the words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was fun! Love this: Stupid sci-fi ninja.
    Mine is #3.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abracadabra Lacuna! I laughed out loud. You're definitely very creative. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job! I think I'm going to pass on this challenge. I'm not smart enough to use those words in a sentence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. As far as the sweets--just make sure you brush your teeth afterward, so your teeth don't hate you. LOL Very cute challenge piece! I had to laugh at the "hot Japanese boy." Yep, gotta have that in a ninja flashfic, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michelle,

    I loved the twist at the end. Cute story. I could easily picture the whole scene by your descriptions. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome and fast moving. I love the spell “Synchronicity oscitate" - very clever :-)

    I'm # 157

    ReplyDelete
  19. Michelle - Rach's challenges are very hard! What a unique entry AND I love the spell names.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah! Flash Fiction can be totally fun! And LOL--she hit hot guy in the gut. That reminded me of Supa Ninjas on Nick. Have you seen that kids show?

    Speaking of seen, I've never seen Mambas... interested... :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Baha! This was hilarious, Michelle! Great use of the words, even if they weren't exactly the correct meanings. :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great entry! You had me smiling the who time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sci-fi ninja...cute! Fun take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This made me laugh. The voice of your main character was awesome (there's that word again). Although you had me hooked with the picture of candy. :D Great job!

    #189

    ReplyDelete
  25. nice article.. very informative and useful.. thank you
    Whatsapp Messenger Mod APK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.