Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Imperfections create perfection!!!

One of my facebook friends just posted a buzzfeed article about four regular women photoshopped into cover models. 

You can review the results here.

But I want to focus on the thoughts of a couple of the woman after they viewed the final result. One says,

"This is how I always wanted to see myself. But now that I see it, I'm questioning why I ever wanted to look like that."

Another says,

"Once you take away your imperfections, there's not much left of who you really are."

This is why your characters need faults. They need to be relateable. Don't make them perfect. Give them physical and emotional scars. Things to work through. Things that embarrass them. Then have them work through it and gain strength. Show the reader who your characters really are and they'll love them for it :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.