Thursday, August 11, 2011

Aspiring Author Jeigh


My Photo Cool name? Yeah, I think so. Cool person? Read more to find out for yourself :)
Here's more about Jeigh from her blog. "I once read a trilogy in a week for a bet and won FIVE DOLLARS. I probably would've read them anyway, just for the glory, but please don't tell Scott W. that."

How many of us are writing because we first loved to read? I'm totally guilty. Sounds like Jeigh got herself into more than just a bet :) 
Here are a few more facts I snagged for her "Jeigh Facts" page.
I like colors. Right now eggplant, burnt orange, mustard and apple green are my favorites. 
Cafe, charcoal, copper, and chocolate brown are constant favorites.
I like naming colors correctly, too.
Four kids don't offer optimal writing conditions. Don't ask me how I know that.
I won't, but I understand 100% :) Enough fun facts, though, lets get on with the interview. She is a writer after all.
Jeigh, how long have you been writing? 
Ahh, the eternal question…I always wanted to be an author. I was the nerdy kid asking for extra time on creative writing assignments all through school so I could make them ten pages longer than required, but then it fell by the wayside. I started seriously writing again about a year and a half ago.
What made you want to write?
I guess the short answer is that it entertains me. I tend to embellish reality with large doses of imagination and that lends itself to a penchant for writing.
Do you have any pet peeves while writing?  
This isn’t really something that happens when I write, but since I’ve started writing on a regular basis, I’ve noticed I edit people in my mind when they talk. I rearrange their sentences so they’re more concise, so they’re not passive, so they aren’t full of grammatical errors. It’s good practice.
If you could sit down and reread any book, which would it be?
One book that I was really sad to see end was “I Capture The Castle” by Dodie Smith. It’s beautiful and endearing and hilarious.
(And now its in my TBR pile.)
Quick, you only have a few minutes on the internet, which writing blogs would you visit?
I always check up on Christine at Writer Coaster. She has great posts full of info and the best titles ever. 
I also love Juliemybird at Rosewood Pencilbox. She’s so cheery and enthusiastic. They’re awesome!
(Thanks for the links. I'll head over after the interview!)
If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would you choose?
Gail Carson Levine. Her books inspire my own writing and she’s so darn cute! I’m convinced that she knows so much about woodland creatures because she is, in fact, one herself.
(Uh, yeah. Just bought Ella Enchanted. Love it! I'll have to read more. Great answer.) 
What book are you reading right now and which one do you have lined up to read next?
I’ve recently had a string of pretty mehh books, but I read DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth and the CHAOS WALKING trilogy by Patrick Ness and they were excellent. I have a lot of sequels that I’m raring to read, but they’re not out yet, so I’m up for suggestions. Anyone have any?
(I've hit that same string of mehh...but I absolutely loved Divergent! You like Fantasy? Read the Mistborn series. It'll rock your world. Brandon Sanderson is awesome.) 
Do you prefer:
Vampires or Werewolves? Bluuhhhhh
Mountains or Beaches? Ooh, that’s a close one, but I’ll go with the beach.
Mornings or Nights? Nights, definitely.
Dashes or Parenthesis? Parenthesis. I can’t seem to use dashes properly.
And last, but not least, do you prefer fruity candy or chocolate?
You know, I’ve made every effort to love chocolate, but I only like it. (And for some reason, feel ashamed to admit it.) So, fruity candy it is. Wild Berry Skittles, Sour Gummy Lifesavers, Swedish Fish…ah, yes, fruity candy!!
( I had the same chocolate guilt. But it is not allowed here! You said sour? I'm totally there!)
I told you she was cool. Jeigh, thanks so much for answering my questions. It was fun learning more about you! Everyone else, be sure to stop by her blog, WriterBrained. It's fun!

Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I heart Jeigh! She makes me giggle. Fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, Jeigh! Great interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these questions and answers :) Jeigh's hilarious. Thanks for the interview, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! She is so awesome. Loved her interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys! And thanks, Michelle, for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have almost all of Gail Carson Levine's books and I'm pretty sure I've read all of them (including Tinkerbell, ah, how I love Tinkerbell).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeigh sounds super fun! Awesome interview, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never ba ashamed to admit you only "like" chocolate. There are plenty of sugar candy folks out there who will stand by you (ahem. Me.).

    Fun interview!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.