Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vacation Recap 2-Places to visit

If you ever find yourself in Utah, there are a few places you need to go. 


First stop on my vacation was one night in Bryce Canyon National Park.





Yes, I hiked down this...and then back up again!


Bryce Canyon Plank anyone?

Next stop was for two nights in Zions National Park.







The water falls over this.

And lands in these: Emerald Pools.


Need I say more? Southern Utah is gorgeous! Other spots of interest that I didn't get to would be:  Arches National Park, Lake Powell, Canyonlands, and Goblin Valley.

While spending time with my family, I got to go here.

This is Lagoon, an amusement park North of Salt Lake City. We went twice and my kids loved it. Okay, so it's a little nostalgic for me since I went every summer growing up in Utah, but it's fun. Big rides, little rides, shows, food, etc. Like a mini-6 flags. At least, I think it is. I've never actually been to 6 flags. Don't judge. I get sick on rides. 

We left Utah on my birthday *squee* and we drove all the way to Eastern Oregon to stay in this.

Unfortunately, we didn't stay very long though. Who could blame us when we had to share the tent with this. 

Yes, they came in and out of the tepee freely. Lots of them. Not to mention the snake that slithered out from under the platform. Oh and then the park ranger said that there was a rattle snake sighting just the week before. Hello? Yeah right. Maybe if the tepee fabric actually reached the ground. I don't sleep with creatures. 

But it really was a beautiful place.

Instead we drove to my in-laws and got to witness this on the way there.
It was a great way to end my trip!

But it's great to be back. I promise I'll actually talk about writing things now :)

How has your summer been?



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, and how great you got to get in some vacation time!! Ha, and yes, it's always good to get back to Home Sweet Home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a fun vacation! I've never been to Zions or Bryce Canyon but I'd love to. I did go to Lake Powell one summer, and Lagoon is way fun!

    By the way, I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am so jealous! These are amazing pictures and it sounds like you had a fabulous time!

    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol-The place is so pretty. But three weeks was too long. I won't do that again :)

    Jeigh-You should go! Thanks for the award!

    Alison-I did. I actually won't have anymore about my vacation. I'm back to writing posts soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Zions. Sigh. I need to take my family there. I haven't been in forever. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.