Friday, November 11, 2011

Setbacks.

Some of you may really be following my progress...or the lack thereof. I like to report what I'm doing, and some of you may be wondering why I've been working on my final revisions and pre-querying process for a good five months now. 


Well, things come up in life. And sometimes our body and mind choose different paths. I've been diagnosed with something. Don't worry, it's not too bad and will be gone soon enough, but here are the ever present symptoms that scramble my mind sometimes.


Fatigue.
Sickness.
Mood swings.
Dizziness.
Headaches.
Absentmindedness.


Yeah, that last one is a killer when a good idea won't come together. No matter how hard I think. Sometimes the harder I think, the worse it gets.


Some may say these symptoms are the caused by a parasite, but I like to refer to it as a baby! Yes, baby #5 will be here sometime around April 2nd.




So, if there are times when I make a comment that doesn't make sense, or I just forget to check your blog. I'm sorry. My brain has other plans most of the time. 


For the first four months, I couldn't even write. Editing was fine...but only for others. Nothing happened on my novel. I had to come to the conclusion that that's just the way it was going to be.


But some of my brain has returned...along with a growing stomach that doesn't get along with my laptop. 




What kind of setbacks do you have?

12 comments:

  1. Awww, congrats!! How wonderful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is the best set back there can be. Congrats. Take it slow, we'll all be here rooting you on in more ways than one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, Michelle! Surprising but fun news. Congrats! You'll definitely have a houseful after this. Don't worry--after your tummy gets a little bigger, you can just use it as a shelf to put your laptop on! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! I feel like everyone around me is pregnant. I was a total scatter brain when I was prego. Make sure you write things down alot. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My biggest set back is missing your comments on my blog.... Ok totally kidding, but I know how it goes and I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Hopefully it will go by quickly so I can get back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Michelle! A perfectly understandable excuse for feeling a little off your game, I would think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I don't think anyone will hold against you if you have some mindless ramblings. It happens to the best of us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woot! Congratulations, that's brilliant news :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.