Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Golden Eagle has an Eagle's Aerial Perspective!


Today I'm excited to have The Golden Eagle on my blog for an interview!

Here's a picture and blurb from her blog.

My Photo
I am a Chinese-American girl living in the USA, who was adopted from Hefei, China. I am a writer, reader, blogger, dancer, musician, and I am homeschooled. I have many interests, from typing away at my Science Fiction novel and learning more about writing, to rock collecting and reading books on physics, to dancing to music and playing two musical instruments. All of these somehow come together to become me, the person behind the name, and I hope you'll join me as I navigate this world.

I joined...you should too :)  Besides, who wouldn't want to know more about this girl?  She's awesome!  Well, right here, right now, you can get a peak into her writing life!

Let's get started.  How long have you been writing?

I started writing novels around 4 years ago.

And, what made you want to write?

The possibilities! All those worlds, ideas, and people that could come alive just by using words.

Do you have any pet peeves while writing?  Is there anything that you just have to have for concentration?

Font and page. If the font doesn't match or the page size is wrong (I really like A5) then my creative juices just don't flow the same way than if I had something that fit the story.

(Cool!  I don't think I've ever had anyone mention the page size and font.  Now it might just bug me every time I sit down to write :))

What are your favorite genres to write? 
 
Science Fiction and Fantasy. I love world-building, and there are more opportunities for creatures/places unlike any others.

If you could sit down and reread any book, which would it be?

I'd love to go and reread Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks. I recently finished the last book in trilogy, and now I want to check on the first!
 
Let's say you only had enough time to visit just one or two writing blogs a day, which would they be?
 
Only 2?! All right, then. I guess they would be Listen to the Voices and YA Author Elana Johnson.

(Thanks for the links!  I've been to Elana's, but I can't wait to check out the other.)

If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would you choose?

There are so many authors I'd like to meet! But one of them would be Neil deGrasse Tyson.
 
And last, but not least, do you prefer fruity candy or chocolate?

Um . . . neither? I'm not a fan of candy and I don't like chocolate. (I know, I know.)

(No worries.  I wish I was a bit more like you.  My teeth would appreciate it too!)

Thanks Golden Eagle for taking the time to answer these questions!  Be sure to head over to her blog for some more awesomeness!

21 comments:

  1. Great to learn more about the awesome Golden Eagle! I'm picky with font too... have to be TNR .12. lol
    SHe sounds so multi-faceted. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you not like candy or chocolate??? And as I typed that I realized it would probably be smarter for me not to like either. Why are you so smart???

    This interview was great. Short, clear and I got to learn more about you! I've never heard of font size and page size being a big issue either. But it sure is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to know more about Golden Eagle. I love her blog and she's a great blogging buddy. Always around for a kind word.

    Nice interview, Michelle.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I liked that you asked unique questions Michelle. And it's always cool to learn more about Eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview! And good on you to mention Clarissa's site - she just amazes me with her knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab interview, Golden Eagle. Will add more comments to your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome interview! It's great to get to know a bit more about Golden Eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Michelle Merril and Golden Eagle for a fun interview!!! I so expect great and wonderful things from Golden Eagle - she's truly amazing! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I was the only one who didn't like chocolate. Hope your writing month is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interview! Always good to get to know our fellow bloggers. Can't believe she doesn't like candy though- too bad she can't join our fruity candy club!

    ReplyDelete
  11. although it's not page length, I like the lines of my paragraphs to be 'roughly' equal in length at the right side, even though I don't right justify. It just doesn't look right to me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic interview! And I love your picture at the top :) it reminds me of stuff done by BodyFX here in NZ. Glad to have been introduced to your blog!!

    The Arrival,only .99c on Amazon/Smashwords
    www.damselinadirtydress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview Michelle, and lovely learning more about Golden :)

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic interview. I love knowing more about you. I especially love knowing you were homeschooled. (Which I already knew.) I homeschool my kids. Love of physics? SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, everyone!

    First, thank you Michelle, for interviewing me!

    Pk: Eurostile 11 for me!

    Melissa: I dunno--but there are plenty of smart people who like candy and chocolate. :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed the interview!

    Michael: Aw, thank you.

    Michelle did a great job, didn't she?

    Ali: They were unique questions! :)

    Alex: Thanks!

    Clarissa deserves it--there's a lot of helpful information on her blog! Not to mention she's a great blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  16. M Pax: Thanks!

    Well, I always welcome comments. ;D

    Wendy: Thanks! It was fun to do.

    Shallee: Thank you!

    Old Kitty: Thanks! :)

    Susan: There are a lot more people who don't like chocolate than I'd expect!

    I hope you have a great writing month as well!

    Abby: It is too bad--a Fruity Candy Club sounds fun. :D

    I'll just have to make due with writing, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Charles: The right side of the paragraphs never really bother me, unless there's a huge gap because I just typed a really long word.

    Nicole: Hey, thanks for coming by, Nicole! :)

    I like the header, too.

    Rach: I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Robyn: Thank you!

    Yup, homeschooler here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great interview! And I hear you on the font thing; I can only draft with a pen and paper, but while I'm editing, I have to use a font that gets me interested and excited. For a while I had a Tolkien font, but it was hard to read, so I switched to Comic Sans MS. Now I'm back to good old Arial...

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's always interesting to read about other writers. Gotta agree that Clarissa (Listen to the Voices) always has interesting information on her blog.

    BTW - I like the splashes of color on this blog. I'm a sucker for wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great interview. I already follow her blog, but I'm she's spotlighted here.

    New follower...

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.