Tuesday, February 1, 2011

WAHOO CELEBRATION!!!

You know that country song that says, "It's five o clock somewhere?"


Well, when I finished my novel last night at *cough* 12:30 in the morning, it was still January somewhere!


I went into this Jan-Nan-O with somewhere around 15,ooo words and finished with a grand 69,270 words!   I wrote the majority of it the second half of the month.  The only times of the day that I wrote were during the baby's one hour nap and then at night when the kids were all in bed.  


I doubted more than once that I wasn't going to make it, but through some major self discipline and a few good cheers from friends, I DID IT!


Does the novel totally suck?  OF COURSE!  Don't all first drafts?  I gave the novel to my trusted friend Janco (for those who still don't know it's the name of my laptop), who will keep it hidden from me for maybe a month or so.  Then I will polish the little gem!


Wait.  What's that noise I hear?  Oh, it's the celebration!  


Here's how I celebrate...


After a week of owning this, 
Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)and being on a torturous reading freeze to finish my novel, I'm finally going to open the first page and sink into the words of Beth Revis!


It wouldn't be a celebration without a few of these.
  
and for all you chocolate lovers, I'll add this...



I'm also going to celebrate by giving my kids a lot of these.
 and  and fitting a little of this in there too...
.


I am going to snuggle for hours with my husband while we watch some movies.


Pretty much I'm going to give more where I have neglected.  I might even clean my house :)


Thanks for all your support!


How has your writing been lately?  Have you ever done a Nano?


Even though this was hard for me and I vowed more than once to never try it again...I'll probably be eating my words in a year.  Maybe....I don't know...the torture is returning to my mind...Ugh!  ;)




*For those of you who don't know what my Jan-Nan-O is, let me explain.  Every November is National Novel Writing Month and therefore there's a challenge to write a novel in a month.  Does NanoWrimo ring a bell?  Well, I will NEVER have time in November to write a whole novel.  So I pushed the challenge back and January was the lucky month!

8 comments:

  1. sounds like a plan! I can't wait to read ATU--it looks/sounds amazing~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Michelle! Now enjoy your break - you've earned one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, and good idea putting away for a bit. I always find that gives me some needed perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Enjoy the time off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. COngrats Michelle! That's so wonderful! Its a great feeling to finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy celebrations! And way cool to make your own write-a-novel-in-a-month month. Love the name of it, Jan-Nan-O. And big congrats doing all that with a family too! Good for you. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. Think cyber space ate my last comment. Anywho. I'll I wanted to say is that I really like your blog. :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought Across the Universe today! This is like the third book throughout your blog posts that I somehow have a connection with. 0-0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.