Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I got a feelin'...

Feelin' like it's time to write again! I've got that itch...and it's time to scratch! My baby's colic is GONE! She turned 12 weeks and it just ended. No more consistent ongoing crying. I feel my sanity returning bit by bit. And with it comes that itch to write. I'm SO excited!


So what's my plan? Well, I want to go over my genie book again and get some more queries out. That's my plan until WriteOnCon in August. After that, I plan on writing another first draft. I can't get enough of them! There's something thrilling about creating a new story.


What has been going on with everyone? I just got back from Utah and wish I could have visited with more friends. My luck is the worst. Every time we go to Utah, my kids get sick. And this time we passed the stomach bug the whole two weeks. But I did get to visit with two of my favorite writer friends!




Here is my friend, Shallee. We've been friends since grade school and she is a fantastic writer!


And here is my friend, Chantele. We're friends through blogging and one day, we'll actually get to hang out...not just stop by her exit on my way out of town. I know, I'm horrible. But we were all sick. And this is me, ready for a ten hour car ride, with a new haircut. I've had better moments. 

I'm so glad I got to see my friends! One day I will meet more of you. I promise :)

Here's a look at the new cut. It's extreme, but fun and super easy to do. Just what I need with five kids!




Well, tomorrow is the 4th of July and we're ready to celebrate! If anyone else is celebrating this holiday, have a great day and be safe!




5 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July!!! And I'm happy to hear your baby's colic is gone--that sounds like it would be so grueling. (But totally worth it of course. <3) Good luck with that new draft when you start it!

    ~The Feather and the Rose~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your querying and first draft; it sounds like you're all ready to jump back in! :)

    Awesome that you got to meet other bloggers in person.

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading your updates! I'm glad the Colic is gone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.