Friday, October 1, 2010

A Little Bit Anxious :)


I write nearly every week night after my kids go to bed.  So, you'd think by writing this often that I wouldn't get nervous about it right?  WRONG.  No matter how often I write, I get anxious every time I open up that word document.  Thoughts like, "What if ideas don't flow?"  or "Maybe this story isn't so great and I just think it is?"  Honestly, I write mostly for the fact that I love it.  It's my most recent and overly obsessive hobby.  My story develops in my head all day and I get to let that creativity flow at night...then I try to get to sleep and put my brain to rest.

So why do I get anxious?  NO CLUE.  But, I seem to find the courage to press through that small barrier.  Good thing too because I almost always feel better when I finish for the night.  It's like a big sigh that built up during the day.  It something that I need to set free!



Here's my question.  What kind of barriers do you have when writing?  Is there one area that just makes you nervous?  Characters, plot, subplots?  

2 comments:

  1. I get a little anxious too. I think maybe I'm worried that I won't be able to keep it up and keep the story going.

    Setting makes me nervous though. I'm great with characters and dialogue, but setting ... I think most of my first book was set in a forest cause I just couldn't think of anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pictures Michelle. I don't know the answer about Google.images either. One thing I have started doing to help me keep up on my writing is using a notebook (something I learned at that writer's conference I just went to). I write in my notebook atleast 15 minutes a day (can always do more but not less). I decided when I am done with the current chapter I will just dump it all into the computer then start working on the next chapter in my notebook. Does that make sense? Anyway, that is what works best for me, keeping away the anxiety.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.