Monday, November 22, 2010

What? Vacation? Oh YEAH! And a quick basic book review...



As most of you know, Thanksgiving is this week.  Since I have many fun and adventurous holiday plans, I'm going to take a week vacation from the good ol' blog.  I know, kind of sad, but totally needed on my part.  But before I leave, I'm going to give a quick book review of a book I finished last week.


Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs is a clean cute YA novel about a mermaid.  Here is the cover and official goodreads blurb.

Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1)

Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it’s not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you’re a normal teenage girl, but when you’re half human, half mermaid like Lily, there’s no such thing as a simple crush. 

Lily’s mermaid identity is a secret that can’t get out, since she’s not just any mermaid – she’s a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn’t feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she’s been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren’t really the casual dating type – when they “bond,” it’s for life. 

When Lily’s attempt to win Brody’s love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned.


I absolutely love the cover.  The book gets a PG in movie ratings and as far as stars go, I'll go ahead and give it a  out of five stars.  Fun and easy read.  If you like mermaids on any level, you'll most likely like this.


I hope you all have an awesome week and for those celebrating Thanksgiving have a safe holiday and Happy Thanksgiving!


One thing I'm thankful for?  I know it's kind of materialistic and so not what I'd usually focus on, but I'm thankful for my early Christmas present!  Yes, that's right.  I have it and when I get back from vacation, I'll tell you all what it is.  And, for the record, I think it needs a name and I might need help naming it.  


I'm super thankful for my husband, kids, Christ, family, friends, faith, books, talents, and hobbies!


What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

  1. Have a fun vacation! I'll start thinking of names for your early Christmas present since I already know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your vacation! And Happy Thanksgiving.

    I'll have to check the above title out for my nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Cutie!

    Thank you for sharing "Forgive My Fins" with us! My teengirl LOVES mermaids, I know she'd love this. Thank you, thank you! <3

    I have a book blog and I also rate the books I read with movie ratings--if only ALL books were rated that way. Darn it! :/

    Happy Thanksgiving to you too and enjoy your weekend! :D

    ~Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.