Thursday, March 31, 2011

Come learn about Susan Fields here!


This is Susan Fields.

My Photo

And when you visit her blog (after the interview) you'll find this greeting.

I am a wife, mother, writer, avid coffee drinker, and insomniac. I like to read, study the bible, cook, run, walk the dog, play tennis, ski, nap, and get up in the middle of the night for some quiet writing time while the rest of the house is asleep. I tend towards YA but have written some middle grade. Fantasy is my favorite, but I also write action adventure and mystery, and I almost always include romance in the mix, whatever the genre.

Isn't that awesome that she writes both YA and MG? I think so. I wouldn't even even know where to start with MG. And look at all the cool hobbies she has to keep her busy! 

Let's get to the interview so we can learn more about her writing hobby :)

Susan, how long have you been writing?

All my life. I wrote my first book in 2nd grade for a school assignment. I've been writing seriously in hopes of publication for the past few years.

(Wow! A whole book in 2nd grade? That's amazing!)

So, what made you want to write?

It's just something I've always loved to do. I just love making stuff up, I guess. :)

 
Do you have any pet peeves while writing?

My annoying habit of checking email way too much.

(I'm guilty of the same thing.)

What are your favorite genres to write?

Fantasy. If it can't happen in real life, then I'm interested! And a few years ago I discovered a love of romance, so now all my books have an element of romance as well.

(I love fantasy too. And romance is a must! I'm convinced that it makes any story that much better.)

Quick, you only have five minutes to check one or two writing blogs, which ones would you go to? 

I love these blogs because they're fun, they brighten my day, and I feel a conection with the people behind them. They feel like old friends, even though the only one I know in real life is Sharon.



(Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to visit them.)

If you could pick the setting of one book to live in, which would it be?

Narnia

What's your favorite:

Book-  The Hunger Games

Author- Suzanne Collins

Character- Katniss Everdeen

Thing about writing- writing a scene I'm in love with

Time of the day- early, early morning when everyone else is asleep and it's just me, my laptop, and a pot of coffee

And last, but not least, do you prefer fruity candy or chocolate? 

Chocolate!!!

Sounds yummy! Thanks so much Susan for being on my blog today. And thanks to those who stopped by! Be sure to visit Susan's blog next :) 

Have a great weekend! 



17 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving me the chance to talk about myself, Michelle - one of my favorite things to do! :)

    Don't be too impressed about the book in second grade. I think it had like five words on a page. But I did illustrate it and my mom got it laminated. I thought it was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! We always visit Susan's blog, it is one of our favorite places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! And I totally agree on the romance element - it makes any story so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Michelle Merrill for hosting the fabulous and adorable Susan Fields's first interview!!!!
    Yay for chocolate and romantic fantasy!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview you two! Have a great weekend.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely interview Susan and Michelle. I love the world of Narnia as well. Just thinking about Aslan makes me want to cry. I'm a morning writer too. Love watching the sun rise as my characters bloom on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun interview ladies. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview. Wow, Susan, we have a lot in common. I'll go check out your blog. :) Michelle, thank you for taking the time to come congratulate me today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview! Thanks Michelle for hosting Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness! What a wonderful interview! Susan is amazing...Her writing is fantastic too! I've read three of her novels and can't wait until they are published. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the interview Susan and Michelle. It's always nice to get an inside look at a writer's day and routines :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by everyone! I'm glad you all enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is beautiful! Thanks for the intro Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interview. It's great to learn what makes other writers tic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interview! Susan is such a sweetie. I didn't realize Susan did both YA and MG! Very cool. I've never tried my hand at MG. Not sure I could pull it off if I did. Looking forward to reading Susan's work someday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great interview. I enjoyed learning more things about Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.