Monday, March 14, 2011

Mixed Up Monday

I've come up with a new fun game for my Monday posts.  It goes like this.  I'm going to post 6 numbers.  The first one will be a number for the word on the page and the other five are the pages to take that word from...using the book you are reading right now.  


Take those five words and create a sentence to go along with the book.  It could be your feelings about the book or something totally random about the book, but try to connect the two :)


Using Random.org here are the numbers.


Word-
93


Pages-
226
35
419
101
386


If your book isn't that long, just use the ones you have :)


Here's mine from Delirium.


Delirium (Delirium, #1)


If you lose yourself to deliria, it only makes the  journey long and hard. 


So, what are you reading right now?

10 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH THIS IS SO FUN!!!

    I took mine from LIKE MANDARIN by Kirsten Hubbard.

    It took a MINUTE to find my HOUSE as I was to TRAVEL around the bend and wish Mandarin HELLO before FOLDING my clothes at home.

    Weak sauce I'm sure but I think this is a brilliant idea and think I might have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to participate but I need to run the update to my Kindle. I only see percentages right now. :( I will try to play next week. I was going to try something similar, but had to wait to fix my issue with my Kindle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most fun thing ever... Problem! Dang Kindle doesn't list page numbers... grrr!!! Only, I think now it does. Hang on... OK, not in every book apparently~ :D *snort*

    (whatever--this is a fun game, and I wonder how you're liking that book?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun game!! I'm not reading any books right now though....except textbooks and that's not nearly as fun. :(

    I liked reading your and Jen answers though. If I get stuff done this week maybe I'll get to read some more soon so I can participate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doh! Another Kindle user. I see there's an update, I'll have to go get it.

    This is fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'll have you know, this required a lot of work to accomplish but it sounded like too much fun to not do! And it was! BUT the unfortunate part was I'm finishing up reading Hunger, which is a teeeeeeeeny-weeny awesome book. So. I got, like 2 words: Forehead Labs. And there you go, my sentence. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait, what? No word pages on Kindle? Weird. That might make this game hard.

    Thanks Jen and Colene for playing :)

    I think I'll make it a little less time consuming from now on. Instead of counting to 93 five times, I'm going to use line...word...

    Melissa...you should totally use your textbook. That's be hilarious, and I'd love to know what you're studying :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like so much fun! But I'm having the same issue as above commentators. I'm reading on a Kindle. It gives me percentages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next week, I'll have a percentage for the kindle readers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.