Friday, March 18, 2011

Today you can meet Alison Miller!


I'm so glad that I got put in the same crusade group as Alison Miller.  It's been fun getting to know her.  And now you get to know a little more about her too!


My Photo This is Alison.  And if you go here, you'll find her awesome blog.


She's a mother, wife, teacher, student, writer, dancer...Yes-superwoman!   Want a little more detail?  She's a mother to an ornery tween and hilarious first grader, a math teacher by day, a writer all the time, a soccer widow, and a tap dancer...and occasionally a grad student.


A busy life?  I think so.  Isn't it great how busy we all are, yet we still find time to write?  At least we can all be a support to each other :)  Let's find out a little more about Alison.


Alison, how long have you been writing?


About two and a half years as a serious writer.


And, what made you want to write?

I was reading a lot of YA, and I started reading fan fictions, and I just thought WTH. Why not? Three complete and three partial novels later, here I am.


(That's a lot of writing.  Way to go!)


Do you have any pet peeves while writing?  

Noise and interruptions. The best work is done in the wee hours of the morning. :)


If you could sit down and reread any book, which would it be?

Depends on the day. I typically don't reread books, but I do take an annual journey into West Egg (The Great Gatsby) and I could read The Duff or Maximum Ride...um, often.


(I need to get those last two books in my hands, even more now that I know you'd reread them again :))
 

Quick, you only have five minutes to look at other writing blogs this morning, which ones are you going to visit?

Confessions from Suite 500, Guide to Literary Agents, Query Shark.
 

If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would you choose?

James Patterson
 

So, what book are you reading right now and which one do you have lined up to read next?

The Great Gatsby. I've been told (by one of my writer friends) that I must read Swim the Fly next.


(Ooh, another one to add to my TBR pile.)


Given the choice, which would you choose...


Werewolves or vampires?
Vampires


Breakfast or dinner?

Breakfast


Beach or mountain?

Beach!!!


Chic flick or action?

Chic flick


Fruity candy or chocolate?

Chocolate. Always chocolate.


Awesome!  Thanks Alison for answering the questions.  I hope everyone got a good idea who Alison is.  Now, if you go here, you'll get to see all of her awesomeness in her blog posts!


Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Michelle - I enjoy your interview questions so much!

    Alison - I'm a morning writer as well. Preferably before the sun comes up. The title Swim the Fly looks interesting. I'll have to check it out. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like quiet when I write too.
    Alison sounds like a super-busy woman!
    Cool interview style, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Alison sounds like a fun lady--and wow. I thought *I* was busy! Best of luck~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari-Thanks. I have a fun time coming up with them :)

    J.L.-Thanks to you too. I'm not really a conventional interviewer I guess, but I have a blast getting the interview's ready and feeling like I am talking with the person :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle rocks!!! This was so fun! And you are super fabulous!

    Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview, ladies. I'm going to pop over to Alison's blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Maximum Ride, too! Can't wait to read Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Alison!! She's fabtastic -- and an even more fabtastic CP!

    Nice interview, Michelle. And I get my photos from Google Images, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alison is awesome! Thanks to all of you for the support and confidence you give her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome interview. Allison rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for coming by!

    Ricki-gotta love google images right? Thanks to everyone who CAN take cool pictures to share with us on the internet :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun interview! Alison is awesome and I love that she loves The GG and all its West Egg-fabulousness! (That was one of my fave books to pick apart in AP English!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I appreciate your comments and feedback.